You won’t be able to resist adding this many recipes that need spice and freshness!
The best version of a healthy ranch dressing that will never disappoint.
This is probably one of my favorite creations. And ironically it is the simplest of all recipes. If you’re from the Midwest, you know that ranch is one of the top dipping sauces for multipurpose use (my three favorite combinations are are ranch & chicken tenders, ranch & seasoned fries and ranch & pepperoni pizza).
I was determined to find a way to lighten up RANCH DRESSING. I know there are dips out there that replace the sour creams and mayos with Greek yogurt. That’s great except I like everything with a little heat and I want to make sure I can coat my salad with something other than straight vinegar or a bottled low calorie sauce.
When I first made this recipe years ago, I never bought a bottle of ranch ever again! This was perfect! It combines all my favorite flavors with a protein and calcium boost! Plus it’s low in calories and pairs with almost any recipe that needs MORE RANCH! I served this as a dip at an Ohio State Tailgate Party and it was a huge success…on many of the foods!
Jalapeño Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt plain
- ⅓ cup pickled jalapeno brine
- ¼ cup cilantro loosely packed
- 1 (1 oz. packet) ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 lime zested and juiced
- In blender or food processor, add all ingredients. Blend for 15-30 seconds on high. Add salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- *** For a more dip-like consistency, add 2-3 tablespoons of brine instead of 1/3 C. and mix with a spoon instead of the blender. Finely chop jalapeños and cilantro and add at the end.