A simple broccoli side that will finally welcome your family into the “Clean Plate Club".…
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
I am absolutely obsessed with this recipe!!! This may be the most simple topping to a crusty piece of bread, scrambled eggs or a piece of grilled meat. Just a few easy ingredients pack big flavor when throwing together a meal or an appetizer.
The first time I made this recipe was the last time (and definitely the LAST time) I grew cherry tomatoes on my back patio in FL. Growing up I remember having an abundance of tomatoes of all sizes each summer. When I attempted to grow my own, it all went well until you turn your back on the plant for 2 days. Also, they were baking in the hot Florida sun. And then not to mention my little dog who thought they were treats for every time he went outside. I’ll admit, it was more work than I wanted to put into growing tomatoes for a few salads.
I do remember finding some pints on sale at the grocery store while I had about a pint left at home. I decided to roast them all at once (so it looked like I had more from my garden than I really did). I quickly had to use them all at once and came up with this easy recipe for keeping and using the tomatoes for a few extra days. I was shocked! They turned out SO GOOD and instantly became a weekly recipe.
I will say that I had a lot of fresh herbs growing at the same time. When the garden was completely gone I tried with some store bought ingredients and dried herbs and it was just as good! I knew from that moment on that I would be making this recipe booster at least once or twice a month (if not weekly).
There are a ton of recipes to serve this with! I made this again, week after week in 2021 because I am obsessed with this tomato dish and it’s perfect on so many things. In fact, making it ahead of time and adding it to so many things is a great tip!
Top this on my Veggie & Goat Cheese Crustless Quiche , or pack them inside my Pesto & Goat Cheese Veggie Quesadilla! Serve with my Million Dollar Avocado Toast, Crispy Air Fryer Zucchini Fries, Grilled Corn & Zucchini Burrata Salad or even in a Lunch Box Veggie Sandwich! Leftover tomatoes go great in Saucy & Spicy “Chorizo” Shakshuka , Spaghetti Squash & Meatball Boats, or in my Red Wine Marinara!
This is honestly the simplest recipe. It’s fool proof and it makes a piece of bread look like a restaurant-quality appetizer. Top your chicken, salmon, eggs, toast and salads with these tomatoes. The best thing I made was a layered ricotta dip with pesto, cheeses and roasted tomatoes on top. Feel free to mix in with pasta as well for a flavor boost. Puree the whole dish completely and make a simple sauce. The possibilities are endless!
Make this recipe all year round! It’s super healthy for you and really great to even snack on if you need an excuse to dip or top your bread with something other than butter. The tomatoes get super caramelized, sweet and it’s best hot out of the oven.
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 2½ pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ cup onion sliced
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon basil dried
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garic powder
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary (optional)
- 3-4 leaves fresh basil julienned
- ¼ cup grated parmesean cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Combine all ingredients (except parmesan and fresh basil) in a 9” x 13” shallow baking dish. Toss with hands or use a large spoon to make sure tomatoes are coated with oil and seasoning. Top with thyme and rosemary sprigs if desired.
- Bake at 400° for 20-30 minutes. Remove and stir. Remove thyme and rosemary sprigs at this time. Place back into the oven for 15-20 minutes until tomatoes are bubbling. Add cheese immediately if desired and/or drizzle with balsamic glaze. When cool, top with fresh basil, balsamic glaze and salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve on top of crusty bread, meat, or even eggs!