A simple broccoli side that will finally welcome your family into the “Clean Plate Club".…
Please welcome the newest star to your cheese board! This recipe converts your favorite Greek cheese into a creamy, zippy, addicting spread!
This may not come off as the lightest appetizer on the table but it’s the lighter version to a cheese board trend. Whipped feta is like the cream cheese version of this amazing crumbly feta cheese. I saw it all over the internet and threw it together one night with the lighter ingredients I had in my fridge. It was too good not to call home about.
A lot of whipped feta variations are made with mayo and tons of oil. This eliminates all of that with just a drizzle of oil and greek yogurt. I added fat free cream cheese to give it more of the thickness without the calories. Low fat cream cheese works just as well.
*Disclaimer* – This recipe was made with fat free cream cheese. I try to test and adjust recipes with the lowest calorie ingredients and then try again with a little more fat. If they both work then pick which ever one you want. These calories are for fat free cream cheese and yogurt.
No one is claiming this recipe to be super healthy (which is fine by me). It does, however, have so much flavor that you won’t need to eat a ton and you can spread it on a bagel in the morning or a crostini at night – a little will go a long way!
This is also fun for the holidays spreads – add another dip that’s a cheese! Who could complain?
Whipped Feta (Savory)
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- ⅓ (8oz. block) fat free or low fat cream cheese
- ¾ cup non fat Greek yogurt plain
- 1 small lemon zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Crumble all the feta into a food processor. Cut cream cheese into chunks and add into the food processor along with the yogurt, lemon, salt and pepper.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Top with your choice of herbs, za’tar, roasted tomatoes, olive oil, lemon, honey or nuts.